Friday, January 8, 2016

Pink Ombre

I have been having a lot of fun playing around with different techniques, and this card has a few!
I started with a piece of acetate, and cut it with the Spellbinders Cascading Hearts die to make my stencil.  I taped the stencil to a piece of watercolor paper.  Then, I took 3 globs of drywall spackling, mixing cranberry ink into the first glob, spreading it in the upper left corner.  I then mixed the second glob into the first, and dragged it further down the stencil, and repeated with the third glob.  I tried to use the remaining spackle to color the die cut, but that didn't work.  I found a coordinating piece of paper, and die cut the sentiment for the front, and a few small hearts to decorate inside.  

I am sharing this one with Shopping Our Stash - Monochromatic or Pink  (in honor of Leslie), and the Mod Squad Ombre challenge.  Big changes coming to Words to Scrap By - Words 2 CRAFT by!!  Join us January 15!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there Bobbi, this is a great job on the ombre effect and you used spackling paste too. So you have a lot of texture and it is very attractive. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Good luck and hope to see you here again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself in envy of your creative skills. I would have never thought to approach this card this way you have, but I will keep it in mind that's for sure. You came through with a fantastic card. Sorry I've been MIA for commenting of late, trying to get better in this new year. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! First, I love that you made your own stencil, and second, I love the ombre spackle hearts!Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card love all the wee hearts and the techniques that you've used! Thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Colour Me Monochromatic" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Starburst of hearts is quite wonderful! Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete