Wednesday, January 13, 2016

House of Cards January Embossing or Color Challenge

This month's HOC challenge had me stumped.  Here is the inspiration photo:
 a door tones
 I loved all of the shades of bluish green, and the mottled texture of the house.  Here is my interpretation:
I added score lines between the color blocks, and white enamel accents.  The sentiment is from Unity, stamped in Memento London Fog ink.  I love how the narrow layers on the card base and sentiment frame the graphic background and sentiment.  Come play along with the Words 2 Craft By new beginnings reboot! 

7 comments:

  1. Such a classy card - I love how you used the inspiration! Jo x HOC/DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A WONDERFUL interpretation, Bobbi! I adore the fun geometric background you created--the colors are perfect! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I have that same paper and you really know how to improve on something that I thought was OK as it was. Now I see that it really did need something. Great job, Bobbi. Enjoy the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love all the accents! It kind of reminds me of a runway with the lights on when you come in for a landing! Cool! Thanks for playing along with the House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so fun! Love the design and texture you've created! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us in the House of Cards "Use Embossing and/or Colors" challenge this month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, HOC DT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
    Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
    House of Cards DT
    Crafty Friends DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card! I love how you created your background for the sentiment! Thank you for joining our January Challenge at the House of Cards. Ruza, HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific way to embellish the paper that is perfect for the color challenge ! Thanks for playing along at House of Cards

    ReplyDelete