Friday, January 15, 2016

Merry Monday Plaid Christmas

OK, so I promised myself that THIS year, I would  NOT be frantically making cards in December. 
Merry Monday's challenge is to made a card with plaid.  Think I have enough different plaids?  :)  After a few attempts at coloring the entire image, I was happiest when the stocking was stamped and fussy cut.  I also fussy cut the holly leaves.  I really like how they look almost dimensional.  The ribbon was colored using a gold Sharpie.  I am finding that I like the metallic Sharpies more than I like my gel or leafing pens.  Goes on more like a paint, and easier to add highlights.  Come play along with the Words 2 CRAFT by New Beginnings challenge!!

9 comments:

  1. I adore plaids of any kind so this card is right up my alley. You are one master fussy cutter. Great card and good to get a head start on Christmas cards. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plaid stocking and the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layer of plaid and the stocking looks so nice! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stocking with the plaid around it. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at all that plaid--love it! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this beautiful plaid stocking. Thank you for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete