Thursday, February 28, 2019

Happy Birthday!

The Male Room has an Anything Goes challenge, optional twist, no designer papers.  I needed a birthday card for my BIL, so perfect timing!!


Older SU sentiment.  I used a few different alcohol inks to create the distressed/rusted look on the metallic paper, then embossed it with the Diamond Plate folder.  The studs were gold toned.  I sanded them and used the same alcohol inks to make them coordinate with the paper.  I may have to make more of this one!

8 comments:

  1. Love the distressed metallic background, perfect masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room craft challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing masculine card you've created with the metallic paper. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please provide some detail on how you created the distress look. Type of ink colors and process. I have tried Tim Holtz distress oxide walnut vintage photo hickory smoke also tried Mica Spray antiq bronze brushed pewter and tarnished brass, got close but no cigar!! TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used alcohol inks, not distress or oxide ink. Adirondack brand, maybe mushroom? You might be able to mix a little ink with 1/2 teaspoon of rubbing alcohol or alcohol blending solution? Email me at BobbisTreasure at aol dot com.

      Delete
  4. Très, très joli, félicitations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this embossing folder and have made a card or two but with the distressed look it actually looks more real,quite fab so will try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see loads of these distressed look which I think are great but I just wish someone would put up a video to show us how it's done

    ReplyDelete