Monday, February 25, 2019

All that glitters...

The Jingle Belles have a challenge to use metallics and/or glitter.  Since many of the cards that I make go to deployed military as encouragement or for them to send home, glitter is forbidden.  Glitter shows up on night vision, so I don't even allow it in my house!!  Metallics it is!

Here i my first try:

 Silver washi tape layered on silver mat, silver and white joy die cut.  OK, but I thought I would try again. 
I buy a lot of my metallics from Hollo Paper in Brunswick, OH, in 4x6.  Those dimensions leave a lot of strips left over.  I used matte silver and textured gold strips to make my background, and layered it on red and gold metallic mats.  LOVE!!!  Lawn Fawn joy die cut. 

Come join us at Words to Craft By for our Kindness challenge!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a fab and festive card! The gold and silver versions are both just so wonderful! Washi tape was a brilliant choice! So pleased you could get sparkly with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever washi tape design ... love the metallic papers too ... thanks for helping us *shine* at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete