Sunday, February 20, 2022

One of a kind card - seriously!

 There will never be another from my craft room.  Ever.  😀

I wanted to make a shaker type card for the Try Stampin On Tuesday challenge, but all of the fun sprinkles I had were too large and thick to resemble rain.  So I (foolishly) decided to use glitter.  I despise glitter.  I don't know why I even have any.  And this project reminded me why!

I used a woodgrain paper for the base, and made a sandwich of transparency sheets with silver and white glitter.  That went everywhere.  I mean everywhere.  I added the black frame, and then the rain boots and flowers.  After it was all assembled, the glitter looked more like sand than rain.  I'm posting this because not every project comes out the way you planned.  I get tired perfect projects, it can be discouraging!

5 comments:

  1. LOL Your card is lovely, but I certainly can feel your pain reading your post! Glitter is merciless. You've done a marvelous job with your see through the rain card. Thank you for sharing at TSOT. -Dena J, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card turned out so perfect ~ I love the look of those rain boots and felt like I was ready to go gardening!!!! love it ~ thank you for joining us at TSOT ~ Denise ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbi, I think your card is great... I am looking forward to spring so much, so the tulips and boots are perfect! I've got tons of glitter that haven't been opened for eons because of the mess it creates, so I understand completely! Thank you for sharing your card and travails with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is wonderful, Bobbi! All card makers understand the pitfalls of glitter, especially in a shaker card. I have lots of glitter in my stash but have not used it in several years. Thank you for joining us at TSOT #543.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card. I love the texture and those cute boots! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. We hope you join us again soon. Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete