Wednesday, February 8, 2017

W2CB #38 - Celebrate!


It has been said that a Scotchman has not seen the world until he has seen Edinburgh; and I think that I may say that an American has not seen the United States until he has seen Mardi-Gras in New Orleans. ─ Mark Twain  

If you have ever gone to New Orleans during Mardi Gras season, you would understand.  With wall to wall people, colorful costumes, beads and other items thrown from the Crewe floats, it is quite the spectacle.  I actually caught a "Mardi Bra".   The parades early in the season are general celebrations, while the parades and balls held during the last few days are more traditional.  All are amazing!


Love the Color Burst background.  Bottle and glass are Repeat Impressions and paper pieced.  Our challenge runs February 8-March 1.  Come play along and show us how you celebrate!

3 comments:

  1. Bobbi, Can't say I've ever caught a Mardi Bra, but am happy that you have... and used those memories as the inspiration for this challenge. And, you've created a perfectly fun Mardi-Gras-inspired card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbi, I've never been to Mardi Gras, so thank you for painting the scene with your description - had to laugh that you caught a Mardi Bra!! I love your color burst background, especially the way you positioned the bottle makes it look like that where it's coming from - so cool! I only have a few colors and used one last weekend to make a cool background, but haven't done anything with it yet. Such a fun card, Bobbi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like perfect "fuel" for Mardi Gras. I've never been but your description and colorful card make me want to put it on the bucket list! Have a great day ~ Annie

    ReplyDelete