Sunday, December 18, 2016

A very different project...

I usually only post cards, but I HAD to post this super easy, super inexpensive holiday gift I made today. 

In my husband's family, we draw names.  I got one of the most difficult people in the mix.  Within minutes of buying something online for her, she asked me for wooden hangers.  Hangers?!?!  OK, I'm game.  I can always return the necklace ordered, which she may or may not like. 

Off I trot to WalMart.  And I find the deal of the year.  I bought 15 wood hangers for $2.97!!!!!!!!!  How amazing is that?  The wood is unfinished, so I thought I could dress them up a bit. 
I used three different monogram stamps, mounted them on a drinking glass (the hanger is concave at the top), and inked using Staz-On.  I did have to to fill in a few bits with a micron pen,.   I am super happy with how they came out, and for less than $3, I can give these in addition to the necklace!!  Yay me!!

Come play along with our "Winter is the Time for Comfort" challenge at Words 2 Craft By!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment