Wednesday, April 1, 2015

W2SB April Challenge - The Earth Has Music

The earth has music for those who listen.
- George Santayana

This month's Words 2 Scrap By  inspiration words can go in so many directions.  I chose to see the words as that eerie calm at dusk, when the day creatures are settling in for the night, and the night creatures are just waking.  


The background is inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, and layered with textured black paper.  The birds are cut with a Sizzix die, and mounted behind a black frame that started out as a Sizzix square die, and was cut a second time to make it a rectangle.  Woot woot!  I learned a way to make my square dies cut rectangles!!!  The sentiment is a very old K & Co. metal embellishment.  How do you hear our earth's music?  Link up your creation to Words 2 Scrap By!!

6 comments:

  1. Hubbgy and I were just on a road trip and I forgot what state we were in but we saw this same exact scene and it was as fantastic as your card. I didn't know you could make a rectangle out of a square die. I'll have to play around with that. Wow, I come to visit you and I see something special and learn something nice all in the same visit. I can't beat that. Enjoy your day, Bobbi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer!! That background is beautiful, Bobbi. Perfect blending! Awesome job! ~ Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have believed that background was hand inked without reading your blog. WOW!!! Your card is so beautiful and the metal sentiment is over the top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have believed that background was hand inked without reading your blog. WOW!!! Your card is so beautiful and the metal sentiment is over the top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a stunning card, Bobbi! Love the metal sentiment--think I have some & need to find & use them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbi,

    This background is absolutely gorgeous... and those silhouetted birds are perfect! What a beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete