Sunday, March 1, 2015

W2SB March Challenge - In Like A Lion, Out Like A Lamb

This month, Words 2 Scrap By I-Teamer Annie is our Guest Host!!  Her challenge is based on a familiar poem:
"In Like A Lion, Out Like A Lamb"       
by Lorie Hill
March roars in like a lion
So fierce,
The wind so cold,
It seems to pierce.

The month rolls on
And Spring draws near,
And March goes out
Like a lamb so dear.

Love this concept!  I took this opportunity to create a sunburst card.  In Ohio, these cards are as close to sunshine as we will get for a while....

My first attempt was a little blah:
Washed out, not enough contrast, pick your problem.  So I tried again:
Much better!  The brown and pink papers are better contrast to the cream card base, and the layers make the elements pop much better than in the first card.  I also added a flower brad to the center on the sentiment for a bit of texture.  Papers on both cards are from ancient K & Co mat stacks. 

How will you interpret the "In Like A Lion, Out Like A Lamb" challenge?!?!?

3 comments:

  1. I like both cards, but I think I agree with you that the papers on the second card show us a bit more contrast. Got to get my mind working for this challenge. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried a sunburst card--wonderful idea, Bobbi! The first one is pretty, but wow--love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbi, I'm totally with Greta. This sunburst card is a great idea for our weather-related Words 2 Scrap By challenge. I always struggle with sunburst cards, but you've absolutely rocked it with the patterns and colors you chose for your second card. :) (And, sadly, you're absolutely right about the lack of sunshine in Ohio.)

    ReplyDelete