Saturday, July 5, 2014

OWH VCMP Texture Challenge (with blog candy, of course!!)

Sooo...  How are you enjoying the party? Lots of fun challenges, I can't wait to see everyone's creations!

Click HERE or on the VCMP image above to go back to the OWH master list to keep playing along. 

I love all of the messages from our heroes, but one in particular touched me deeply.  A mom of 3 girls was deployed in Iraq.  She loved receiving our cards and sent many to her daughters.  The catch?  Her older 2 are blind.  How the card felt was every bit as important to her as how the card looked.  I have always remembered this hero and her girls, and I try to incorporate texture into every card.  Click here to read the original message.  

My challenge is to use AT LEAST 3 different textures on your card.  Texture can be achieved by using dry embossing folders, heat/wet embossing, ribbon, twine, flat buttons, die cuts, flocked paper, bling, anything that adds "feel" to the card. Paula posted a great tutorial as part of last year's Design Bootcamp - How Does It Feel.  


I used four different embossing folders, the gold mat has a ribbed texture, and my sentiment was heat embossed.  A personal record - six textures on one card!!!

Everyone who links up a card will be entered into a blog candy give away!  Since many people may be celebrating with family and friends over the holiday weekend, I won't randomly choose the winner until Monday, July 14.  

Everyone who comments on this post is eligible for a second blog candy giveaway!

So, how are you getting your texture on?!?!



22 comments:

  1. love this in non-traditional colors--very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, non-traditional Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tha thero's message was unforgettable and has influenced my card making since I read it. Thanks for this great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card--the colors and textures...and my favorite style: elegant and different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having gone to school with and later worked with people with "other abled-ness" I have always put texture in my work. But thanks for bring it to every ones attention (I missed that message.) Your card is so elegantly beautiful. Thanks for showing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the textures in your card, and the elegant look. Thanks for sharing the story about the hero's children, too. I'll have to keep that in mind in future when I make my cards. Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah, that story... I've only been with OWH since 9/12 so that 2011 note was something I hadn't seen. It made me close my eyes and run my fingers over the card, counting all the different things I could feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbi, Your cards always have such great texture... and this is no exception! Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! 6 textures on one card is amazing!! I am having a hard time thinking of three for a card for this challenge. This will be a true test! Your card is awesome, love the sentiment, all the different textures and the non traditional colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sophisticated. Very nice Bobbi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to add texture to my cards but never thought about how special that would be for a person who can not see. Your card is so elegant and rich with all the different textures. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card! Combining a number of textures is really striking--so I'm inspired and hope to get a card together for your challenge when I get a chance. Thanks for motivational story about how important texture can be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is just gorgeous, I love it. I actually made purple Christmas cards last year! They were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That post touched my heart too, I've thought of it often while creating. I'll be heading down to the studio in the morning with this in mind! Thanks for the challenge, and the reminder.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun adding textures to cards! Thanks for inspiring us to get tactile with our creations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for this great challenge and the extra time to get it completed. It has been a busy weekend for me and I don't know how much I will get done by Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so elegant. I really love the textures, layout and color choices. This was a really hard challenge for me so I hope i covered it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really beautiful, Bobbi. Love the deep colors, texture, and a Christmas card even. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome challenge! Your card is fabulous! I love making cards with texture so this was a great one for me! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great excuse to play with all those embossing folders, the button punch, and some other goodies in my stash! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really like your focus on texture! Great Card!
    I would not think of putting several patterns together
    but like it a lot and will definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete