Sunday, August 23, 2020

Experimenting

 The Paper Girls have an embossing/texture challenge going on, and I wanted to join in by breaking out my neglected stencils.  Then I realized - I don't have any embossing paste that is glitter free.  While I like bling as much as the next diva, glitter is a hard No for card for the military.  Not only is it the herpes of the craft world, it also shows up in night vision goggles.  So I went to Pinterest looking for a recipe.  After a few failed attempts, here is what worked for me:

1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon white glue
1 tablespoon white craft paint
1 tablespoon water
Ink, food coloring, or paint to tint if desired.  

Here are my results:

I took more than 20 photos, trying to get something that showed the awesomeness of these cards.  Big fail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment