Sunday, June 7, 2015

Missing You Butterflies

Missing You card for Our Daily Bread Designs June challenge, and for the Crooked Stamper Sketch challenge #5.  First the card, then my explanation. 
         http://thecrookedstamper.blogspot.com/2015/06/cssc-5.html
This started out as an attempt at a one layer card, and turned into an opportunity for embellishment.  I stamped the vines, heat embossed, and added the die cut butterflies.  Looking good!  Until I stamped the sentiment CROOKED!  My one layer card had to be trimmed to make the sentiment look straight, without making the vertical element look off kilter.  I had to trim so much that my one layer card now has three layers.  And it looks better with the blue framing the center panel than it did without.  Happy accident!  Unity sentiment, Spellbinder die, watercolor paper, Anna Griffith pigment ink, clear embossing powder. 

3 comments:

  1. You stamped crooked? HA! Story of my life. Thanks for playing my CSSC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've put a whole new fun spin on the crooked stamper challenge and I love how you "fixed" it to make this great card! I love the fluttering butterflies!

    ReplyDelete