Wednesday, March 5, 2014

OWH MWTD - Mother's Day Cards

I usually love the OWH Mid Week Throw Down challenges.  They direct us to make cards that are needed most, or nudge us to make cards for holidays coming up.  I really struggled with this week's challenge - Mother's Day cards.  I lost my own Mom a little over a year ago.  I just couldn't make those cards last year.  This year, it still hurts, but I can deal.  Here is this week's card:

As usual, much better in person than in the photo.  DCWV All Dressed Up stack, silk ribbon, My Favorite Things sentiment, Spellbinder dies, Ranger Ink, Glossy Accents in the center of each flower, Fiskars swirls texture plate. 

3 comments:

  1. I understand the difficulty in making Mother's day cards- I went through the same thing. It does get better in time. This is just beautiful with that gorgeous background and colors! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out just lovely, Bobbi. I completely understand. It does get better but that lost never goes away, you just (as you said) learn to deal with the pain. I'm am so sorry that you lost your Mom last year. What I do, especially with Father's Day cards, is pretend I am making them for my Dad who I lost 23 years ago. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Bobbi! I love the embossing on the gorgeous patterned paper. I struggled with this challenge too but I remembered how grateful my Mom was when she received my over-the-top embellished creation on what would be her last Mother's Day...the memory makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete