Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Double Trouble Part II

I made another attempt at the Double Trouble

Challenge #1 - make something.  Check!

Challenge #2 - include a telephone.  Emma Nutt, who became the world's first female telephone operator on September 1, 1878.  Check!

Challenge #3 - link up to one of their previous challenge partners.  I did it this time!!!!


I broke out my ancient Cricut and used the Wild Card cartridge to cut the sentiment and the phone in black, and the dial out of silver.  The stitching on the stripe and polka dot was done with an ancient tracing wheel since I didn't have any dies in those proportions.  

I managed to complete the top row of The Paper Players Tic Tac Toe challenge:


8 comments:

  1. Bobbi, thanks for coming back. I'm always in favor for polka-dots and stripes... striking and bold colors. Yes, you did it, so thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble and The Paper Girls. Actually, Bobbi, go back to your previous card and you can submit that to an "Anything Goes" challenge Crafting Scrappiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry, failed on Paper Players, it's The Paper Girls. But if submitted to Scrapping Happiness you will have won another chance at Double Trouble.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea to use your Cricut for the sentiment and phone, Bobbi! I really should use mine more than I do. Your card is right on target for our challenge and I also like the papers you used - great mix. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #65.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Bobbi! I love the dots with the stripes. The bold sentiment really makes this card stand out! Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How appropriate to use your old cartridge to create this retro feel card, Bobbi! A perfect combo of sentiment and phone. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that old phone - that brought back some memories! Of course, it's perfect with the sentiment. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card..love the papers you used! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sentiment goes perfect with the phone! Super cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete