Friday, July 3, 2020

Stars & Stripes for the Holidays

In honor of the Fourth of July, the Jingle Belles have a Stars and Stripes challenge.  I have made literally hundreds of these over the past few years. 
The inside:
I write a short note of thanks in every one of them, and send them to the group Cards for Soldiers to distribute with their care packages.  The center panel was purchased from Hollo Paper in Ohio.  I trimmed it down and punched the corners.  Sometimes I add stars to the corners, other times jewels or Stickles.   I know it isn't the most original or fancy entry, but I hope it is a reminder to all of the sacrifices our ancestors made, and our military still make, to keep us safe.  

3 comments:

  1. How perfect ... and what a thoughtful thing to do ... so very glad you joined us with your stars & stripes for the holiday sat Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, especially the cut out corners and the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool card for an awesome cause! thanks for celebrating stars and/or stripes with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete