Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Four pieces of pie for five people...

Sounds like my Mom!  She loved burnt toast, disliked pie (only when there wasn't enough to go around), and didn't mind waiting until next year for new shoes.  So happy she lived long enough for me to recognize how amazing she was, raising the five of us alone after Dad died.  Hey - she successfully ran a concrete business in the 1960s!!!

In honor of her love for cherry pie, here is my interpretation:
 I took the photo at an angle to show off the great embossing on the cherry paper, and the beadies on the pie!
Image heat embossed and colored with Derwent watercolour pencils.  I added the red beadies (aka bead holes) for cherries in the pie.  We R Memory Keepers washi tape for the accent. 

I have been quite absent from blogging lately.  My son is getting ready to graduate from high school this month, and I am scrambling to finish it before his party.  I have a first day of school and a school picture for every year.  He won't appreciate it, but I console myself thinking that someday his wife or son might enjoy it!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi, As much as I love those cherries -- aka beadies -- on your card, I love the memories of your mom so much more. Sounds like your mom was very much like mine. What a lovely way to honor her. :)

    ReplyDelete