Saturday, December 5, 2015

Black and Gold Dasher

I love the black and gold combination for Christmas.  Add in Dasher, some wet and dry embossing, and I am a happy girl!
First try, I embossed the background with a wide stripe and embellished the heat embossed Dasher with tiny silver studs.   Nice, but it could be better. 
Second try, I used a snowflake embossing folder for the background, and embellished Dasher with tiny heat set crystals.  I like the second one with the busy embossing and narrower ribbon better.  Which one do you like better?  Why?

I am linking this up with the Color Throwdown #371 and the Mod Squad Ingredients Challenge (I used Embossing, Ribbon, Rubber Stamp, Bling, and Die Cuts). 


Come play along with us at Words 2 Scrap By for our Night Before Christmas challenge!

5 comments:

  1. I lthink both work perfectly. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both. The first one is CAS, but my heart is with the second one. Love all of the embossing and it still does not take away from the image. the gold with back is sooooo elegant. Thanks for joining in the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Hope to see you here again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them both, but the embossing just adds a wow factor IMO! Beautiful take on the throwdown colors and so glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. I love the embossing on the second card. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I agree, the second one looks better. Love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete