Wednesday, September 12, 2012

OWH Mid Week Throw Down - Any Hero Thank You



This week’s Mid Week Throw Down challenge at OWH is to make an Any Hero card and use Red, White & Blue.

Over at May Arts, the challenge is for a Patriot's Day card, using this sketch from Sandy Allnock:



Here is my interpretation:


Not my favorite work, but I learned a lot in the proccess.  And that makes it worthwhile!!!  The red and white are ribbons, topped with red rick rack.  The red stars are heat set metals from Design By Dawn.  The card base is liight blue (doesn't show well, but my laptop with my editing software is in the computer hospital).  The other paper layers are navy.  One layer embossed with stars, the other stamped with THANKS from Fiskars. 

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the sketch. I love how you used the red ribbon for the banners. And the rick rack works perfectly for the little strips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ric rac too! And I like that you learned something - that gets me jazzed when I discover something new too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch!! I also agree with the other 2 comments... love the ribbon & ric rac!! :) ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sketch was intimidating for me, so I skipped it. You, however, made it work beautifully. The simple lines and bold sentiment really makes the card perfect for Any Hero ;)

    ReplyDelete