Monday, September 14, 2020

A Very Special Birthday

 A gentleman from my hometown is having a special birthday -his 102nd!!  Not only is he one of the last remaining Tuskegee Airman, he is the last of his immediate family.  His care facility asked for 102 cards, and I was lucky enough to be able to contribute.  


I used the Stampin' Up Sky is the Limit stamps.  I cut a circle and a small flower out of mylar and secured them to the propeller with a brad.  The background was embossed with a Dotted Line folder.  

Sharing with The Paper Girls Around the World challenge.  Not sure that it fits with their partner challenge from Double Trouble to create a scene.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - what a wonderful thing you were able to do! I am sure your card brightened this gentleman's day! I love the embossed background on your card and that airplane and how you made the propeller is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Girls Challenge Blog! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is extra special because of the story behind it! I'm sure your recipient loved this beautiful piece of art...the propeller is amazing!
    Thank you so much for joining the Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card and memory for 102nd Birthday...I'm sure he enjoyed all the cards and wishes he received from so many town friends. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete