Sunday, July 5, 2020

Learning Lessons

When I start a project, I usually have an idea of how I want it to look upon completion.  I get really frustrated when it doesn't work out, and have pretty things in my trash.  Case in point.  This didn't turn out as expected, so I threw it out.  I pulled it out this morning, and realized that it wasn't so bad, just wasn't what I intended.  And maybe that's OK.  
I started to use Molotow masking fluid to create the "Hello" mask, and then use watercolors to create a rainbow effect.  The fluid was to gummy to use.  OK, I can stamp it and heat emboss it in clear and then add color.  That didn't work either, the colors ran under the embossing.  OK, I can layer white embossing over the clear (thankfully, I hadn't removed the stamp form my MISTI and could stamp directly over the original).  Nope, it didn't cover it all.  OK, try again.  It took three layer of the off white powder to cover the color.  I posted this to remind myself that sometimes the process is just as important as the outcome., and I am sharing this with the JUGS Rainbow Challenge.  

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty background you've created; perfect for your shimmery hello! I've learned we 'think' is a mess just needs a different perspective that comes with time and space. So happy you gave this panel a second chance! Thrilled to see you in the JUGS gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture of the watercolor paper almost makes this look like a pastel drawing, Bobbi. It's a lovely rainbow card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete