Saturday, December 13, 2014

Shopping Our Stash #180: Favorite Technique

This week's challenge is to create a project using our favorite technique.  If you follow my blog, you know that I love embossing of any type.  I was lucky to have attended a class by Cheryl from The Paper Hollow in Michigan, and learned about a product that highlights dry embossing with a metallic finish - Inka Gold:
I have received a lot of questions about how I have made these cards.   Since I am not savvy enough to make craft videos, I will try to explain.  Inka Gold is a beeswax based paint medium.  It is really thick, like a chapstick that has softened a bit in your pocket.  I used the Tim Holtz Pine Bough embossing folder, and dabbed copper and green Inka Gold on the raised part of the design.  The applicators look like foam marshmallows, and the paints add amazing shine.  Best of all -  not expensive!!!  The paints are about $3 each, and the foam daubers are 3 for a $1, and can be cut into smaller pieces.  I am not affiliated in any way with The Paper Hollow, but they are one of the few places that carry the small containers.  A little bit of the paint goes a long way.  The copper metallic paper and heat embossing match a lot better in person than they do in the picture, I thought it was more important to show the beautiful sheen of the paints!!!

http://www.thepaperhollow.com/Inka_color_chart_1.jpghttp://www.thepaperhollow.com/onlinestore.html

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love that look, thanks for the explanation on how to get this beautiful finish. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the look of the bough and pinecone, so pretty! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for our "Favourite Technique" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! I do not need new products ... I do not need new products ...

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and great embossing. Very nicely done, indeed. Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool and very unique, Bobbi! Thank you for the how-to! Congratulations on the well-deserved Top Three at SOS!! Happy Holidays!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete