Friday, August 1, 2014

Words 2 Scrap By August Challenge - From Darkness to Light

It's my turn to host the W2SB August challenge!  In our neck of the woods, school starts up on August 13.  I am SO not ready to go back to the school year grind, and I am sure that my son is even less enthusiastic!

Our challenge is based on the Allan Bloom quote, "Education is the movement from darkness to light."    

I love that he sees education as a fluid, progressive journey.  Much like my own creative process.  I (think!) I get better and more enlightened with every thing that I make. 


I used paint chips for the gradiated strips, a DCWV base from the Shimmer stack, and VERY carefully heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder.  Too much heat makes the paint chips bubble up.  I popped up both the striped and the white layers with dimensional tape.  My niece's birthday is August 1, and I am going to include this card in her birhtday package.  

How do you see "Education is the movement from darkness to light"?  Go to Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com to link up your creation!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a nice CAS design Bobbi. Good use of the paint chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super challenge prompt for this time of year, Bobbi! Your card is a perfect reflection on the meaningful quote!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbi, I love this ombre technique with paint chips. Great idea -- and super nice embossing! So glad to partner with you at Words 2 Scrap By. :)

    ReplyDelete